Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sex, Drugs, & Rock 'N Roll makes me come back every year for more (Culture Shock '09)

I'm still rushing off my run and at some point I'd like to come back and fill in all the crazy details about the weekend. Below are some of the highlights I choose to share before I spark an L and call it a night

For quite awhile I was trying to figure out who was headlining the event. I never heard of Drake or The Cool Kids, but both their sets made me satisfied that I came this year. Most of the other acts that came on stage earlier killed it as well.

I went up friday afternoon and left my accomidations up to chance. It was a situation I faced on a nightly basis two years ago, but being that I was with a friend things didn't look any easier.

Luckily my boy came though and found two different places for us to crash. The first night I had a spot on the floor @ H-1-3 in the olde. I must've spent at least two hours playing guitar while Chris came in and improvised on the other one. There was a few songs in my repertoire that everybody knew so we all sang along

The following afternoon a few of the H-1-3 apartment crashers found me laid out somewhere on the grass close to the beer tent. Chris and I took a beer run ealier that afternoon. The 16 oz. Icehouses and the different brands of cigarettes I bummed off other smokers did me in.

After they found and woke me up with "Hey, there's Chris on the ground" I was wide awake. Everyone left shortly after I explained myself but Maeve stayed to chat. Things got interesting when I gave her one of my hugs/humps.

Apparently this is the best way I can tell that a girl is into me. I won't get into details but I knew if my cards where played right, I would've beat. Being caught off guard by her reaction threw my game off a little and it wasn't until after the moment passed that I potentially saw us hooking up.

There was a big Red Bull tent but I didn't see no Red Bull until late Saturday night. Thats when I decided to mix it with some budweiser at the beer tent. One dude whose name I forgot gave me the lowdown on how to get drunk without having to pay $2 for each drink. Around the room there were a few tables. where people kept cups. I went in for the grab on the ones between half full and barely even touched, then I proceeded to pour it in my Red Bull can. (I just admitted to being a degenerate bum on facebook).

Every year like clockwork it seems like one or two characters want to throw shit on stage. Later that night I met the individual who was aiming cupcakes at The Cool Kids during their performance. What facinated me the most was the fact that the dude bought the cupcakes from Dunkin Donuts (as oppose to just tossing random shit he could've found for free...even if his preference was pastries)

The first comment The Cool Kids made about it on stage actually encouraged him to throw more. Eventually they caught him red handed and put him on blast more than once. The people around him helped the cops by pointing out who he was. They grabbed him up but some other shit hit the fan which made the cops scramble off elsewhere. Handcuffs were never put on him so he managed to haul ass and escape his detainment.

This was the first year that I partied at the student center two night in a row duing Culture Shock weekend. On both nights I spent most of my time dancing with a thick white chick named Jodi from Suffolk County. That could've definitely went further but each night her friend had something to do with why she had to suddenly leave.

After I left the Student Center saturday night I went back to H-1-3 and found out me and Chris needed to find someplace else to stay that night. I had a pretty good idea why but sometimes things happen for a reason. There were a couple of street pharmicists advertising good rates on their product and I cashed in. The last one I ran into however made my culture shock one to remember

Chris and I were lying in the grass this morning admiring the purple sky and the structure of clouds that were passing by. It was a totally differerent high than mushrooms where it was more than an enhancer than an hallucinogen....I can go into the details about the trip but I already feel like a dumbass for some of the things I've already shared in this note.

The person who hooked me up that morning just advised me to write "I had a good night". I've had many of good nights but none where I felt the sunshine come in.

While Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb describes my best experience with Mary Jane, the best song that can describe my morming rolling on E is Sunshine on my Shoulders by John Denver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eivZd4j5MBs

(Don't care much for the video so its best to close your eyes and visualize the lyrics)


I'm sure this post will bite me in the ass just as sure as my last status update...aww fuck it I'm sure one day I'll have enough tales to write a book that'll enstill a sense of significance to my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I started going to Fitness Competitions in 2006 and slowly became a hobby for me to take pictures of female bodybuilders and fitness models on and offstage