Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rolling On LSD

(Note: I wrote this several weeks ago on a friends computer and its been sitting in my private livejournal acoount for awhile. After reading a few of my facebook notes I decided to add this to the set)

Id normally be posting this to my facebook or livejournal but the internet connection is non existant. Rather than wake Chris up again I'll just save this and hope it makes its way online soon.

The theme to this new year seems to be experimentation with drugs I've never tried before. I bragged non stop about my mushroom extravaganza on new years. One thing I mentioned that night that didn't seem to resonate until now was "I want more!!!"...the emotions that went through that moment were all in slow motion.

Writing about that story I was still feeling the effects of it. Between then and now I've been smoking weed and have yet to come close to magic of that night. Weed has now become something thats more bottom shelf like 75 cent 16 oz King Cobras. Sure it'll get the job done in getting you shitfaced but it'll never be like the times where you first discovered its joys.

I've been fixated on taking LSD ever since a friend of mine told me the parallels it had with mushrooms.

There are many days where its a struggle for me to get out the house and make money, but the best thing about my chosen profession is where the night takes me.

I started playing outside the entrance to Penn Station on 32nd and 7th not knowing that a Grateful Dead concert had just started at Madison Square Garden. After getting a feel of the atmosphere I knew it was a perfect time to get my hands on some good shit. It would've been one of nights where I would've went home banging my head for letting an opportunity pass.

Fate put a show roadie in my life that was able to sell me a tab. My plan was going to be to wait until Chris came through so we could trip on the shit together. I didn't expect him to come through already peaking on E. Even though he made me hold off on launching off, the rest of that night was pretty sweet.

Jaime gave me his number a few days ago and he was able to pick up with where my brother didn't want any part in. I dropped the tab on my tongue after I left out the door and didn't take it off until I saw it was starting to interfere with my beer consumption. I recall telling Jaime "I just brought one beer for myself because it'll be fucking depressing if I go through two beers only to find that the motherfucker sold me bullshit".

I'm not a fan of Seth McFarlene but his humor resonates with a schmuck who's acid trip was just kicking in. Between Family Guy, American Dad, and clips from Hulk, I was taking it all in. As cool as the visual effects were in Ang Lee's film, they came second to the beauty that is Jennifer Connelly.

I convinced Chris to meet me at Jaime's crib. When he finally got there they burned down before Chris convinced us to start motivating to the city.

Its funny how something sound good in theory, like going to the city for a concert on its way to conneticut.

One of the most memorable moments of my trip was listening to Third Stone from the Sun on Chris's Ipod while our train made its way from Jamaica, Queens to Midtown Manhattan.

The only thing I can compare the visuals to is a clip in a Jefferson Starship music video. There's a portition in the bridge where the camera pans across various individuals behind city landscapes. Between the image of people moving slowly and standing still on the platform with the train slowing down and accelerating, it fitted perfectly with the grafitti reflected through the lights in the subway tunnels. It was plenty of visual candy to keep my mind occupied.

I've taken many strolls on 34th street between Herald Square and Penn Station but acid goggles made it appear like I was in a different city. The big posters and vibrant lights made the streets even more tranquil as they were far less crowded than I was accustomed to them being.

There was a period of a few hours where I didn't know what the fuck to make of the night. Our plans to meet up with the dead heads outside MSG fell through (they didn't return the following night as someone misinformed us). The grilled chicken caesar wrap that I got from Duane Reade was fucking disgusting, and Im still wondering how the fuck I was talked into going to Wicked Willy's when I knew bad karaoke would be there just waiting for us.

Aside from the pitchers he bless me and Jaime with, Chris was able to win back my trust in his judgement with the director's cut of The Butterfly Effect.

For the past two weeks I've been looking to watch the movie with Chris and ironically I wait until an acid trip to see what this film is all about

Its funny how I wrote this movie off when it first came out, but Im glad how the timing fell in place perfectly. At times it was almost scary feeling the emotions of the movie alongside whatever the LSD was triggering in my brain.

I have yet to completely come off my trip and I'm hoping to fit in one or two more stories before I spark an L, go to sleep and have the last 12 hours be a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I started going to Fitness Competitions in 2006 and slowly became a hobby for me to take pictures of female bodybuilders and fitness models on and offstage